My favorite healthy Snacks/Treats

I have got an eight month old now and I feel like the baby weight is hanging on me for its dear life. Maybe it knows that this baby was the caboose so when its gone its not coming back this time. I made some new years resolutions and its got to go. I know what I need to do, its all about willpower. After baby number 4 I finally was able to work really hard and get back to my pre-baby weight. I'm ready to do it again. Here's a few tips I've learned...

*Nice cream is a thing and its yummy!
Freeze 4 bananas, thaw for 5 minutes, blend in blender or food processor. I like to add a tsp of vanilla and  tsp. of almond extract. Then you can add anything to it. Ex. cookie dough, fruit, nuts. 

*Energy balls are filling and nutritious and my kids love them! Not like, LOVE them!
  • ½ cup creamy Peanut Butter
  • ⅓ cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup old fashioned oats
  • ⅓ cup ground flaxseed
  • 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
  • optional: 2 Tbsp. wheat germ
  • ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
  • ¼ cup mini M&M's
These are our favorite from lovetobeinthekitchen (recipe above) but pinterest has so many other kinds you can try. 

*Utah peeps "Orange Peel" is my biggest craving. I love their Almond Avocado Bubble Tea. 

*Crystal light really helps when I'm craving soda or a tasty beverage. 

*Gum and mints save me during the witching hour between lunch time and afternoon snack time

*My Fitness Pal is a calorie counting app that has changed my life
*Cardio and Weights is like peanut butter and jelly. 

*Always carry around a healthy snack 

*If you are going to eat a treat, only eat the serving size

Now if I can only practice what I preach. I feel really "blah" though and I'm ready for that boost that only exercise and eating healthy can give. My journey to healthy this year has a slogan and its "Sometimes we sacrifice what we want now for something better"
Good luck to you and finding health. I'll be cheering you on. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top