The REAL lifestyle of a lifestyle blogger

The title should really be "The REAL lifestyle of a WANNABE lifestyle blogger". It's been about two weeks since I started the blog and luckily my husband hasn't left me and my kids aren't starving. Here is what I have found out about being a lifestyle blogger. 

With lifestyle blogs I see a lot of pictures like this...





I convinced my husband we need to hire a professional photographer to follow me around all day. Until we can find one in our price range I tried to get my two year old to cuddle with me this morning while I asked my five year old to take a picture. I'll keep that one to myself, it was just way too special to share. 

                                      I also see pics like these....




I've shared a few recipes on the blog...
It went like this...

Kids - I'm hungry!
ME    -Okay, I just need to take a picture of it first.
Kids - Mom, I'm hungry!
Mom -Just a minute, can you go get the lamp. We need better lighting.
Kids - I'm hungry!!!
Mom -Will you move a little, you're making a shadow. Oh here, can you hold this?
Kids - Now hangry
We then proceed to eat our cold soup

                                            And then the craft pics....



We have done quite a few of DIY crafts which have been really fun for me and my kids. The crafts have almost made up for the cold food. Unfortunately, my husband had to have "The TALK" with me...  The "We need to go over the Budget" talk.... 
When he called yesterday I admittedly was a little nervous to tell him I was at Joann's AGAIN. 

And the worst part is. The followers. Losing a follower when you don't have very many is like getting on the scale to see you have gained ten pounds. I just have to remember that it takes a long time to gain followers and that it's okay that the world doesn't know how cool I am yet. ( Lifestyle bloggers have to act cool to become cool- Fake it til' you make it kind of thing).  You lose some and you gain some. 

Really the most important lesson I've learned the last two weeks is how loyal my friends and family are!! My family have been really good sports about all of it. I'm such a newbie, it's been fun learning the tips and tricks. Thanks for all your love and support, it means more to me than you know! Now to hire that full-time photographer!
xoxo


CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. Bahahahahaha. Love this. Real life is never glamorous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute!! Thanks for keeping things real!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you are doing this. Aunt Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top