Fun and Frugal Thanksgiving Kids Table

The teenagers are going to be asking to sit at the "kid table" this year with our cute, easy and cheap hacks. 


    We used butchered paper (.59 cents a yard) for the table cloth; perfect for messes and coloring. We also added some inexpensive wrapping paper as  place mats to add a pop of color for your décor.

     The table runner was made from free paint swatches cut into triangles and taped onto string. You could even hand this job off to your artsy tween. Paint swatches are found at any hardware store, or even Walmart.  


     Keep the kids busy. Tape a piece of string to their setting. Set a cupcake liner filled with some beads  and they MIGHT not even notice Thanksgiving lunch is at 1:00 instead of noon.  Turkey clipart is found here and the feathers are also made from paint swatches. 

We will also be playing " Guess How Many" with center piece jars
"Suck It Up" using a bowl full of M&M's, a straw and dice. A  person sucks m&ms through a straw onto his plate while another person is rolling dice. Once that person rolls doubles they stop and hand it to the next person. The person with the most candies win.  
Also  Pie Face (my kids favorite!!).
If you have some toddlers they love singing this song with their turkeys
(sing to the tune "I'm a little teapot")
I'm a little turkey, my name is Ted
Here are my feathers, here is my head
Gobble, Gobble, Gobble is what I say
Quick, Run, Its Thanksgiving Day

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I'm especially grateful to the fingerprints on my windows and the toothpaste spit on the bathroom mirror. My kids make life a whole lot better and I'm extra thankful for them!!!








CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top