So you want a big family, here's what you need to know..

I walk through Costco with all my children in tow. 1,2,3,4,5,6... yup I just saw you count my kids. It happens ALL the time. I do it too. I saw this lady at the store the other day and she had a TON of kids. I counted 1,2,3,4,5,6...I was so surprised when I realized that's how many I have. Here some things you need to know if you want a lot of kids...


Some days it feels like a dozen, other days it feels like two dozen.

Neutral everything. Unless you know you are going to have all girls don't go with the pink car seat on your first baby.

Just plan on "couple vacations" every 5 years... or more..or none.

When you have a lot of kids, one of them is bound to be good so there's that.

The most important thing you will teach your children is to share. We share everything, except underwear and toothbrushes.

No eating in the car is one of our rules. I don't know how the heck french fries keep ending up in the car seats.

It's always a party.. at 3 am in Mom and Dads bed, and not like that you sicko.

Mom tells you "No" so you go to Dad. Dad tells you "No". You do it anyway, no one even notices. Not! There is ALWAYS someone around. We will find out.

You buy all the same kind of gloves. Narrows it down to just finding a left and a right.

With every new baby you restart the countdown from 18 years..again.

Life is full of surprises. Like, the one time my two year old snuck outside and was running towards the street. I was just out of the shower so I had to run outside with just a towel on and my neighbor saw. SURPRISE!

Make sure to buy a duplication machine because that thing is worth all your money.

Make friends with the nurses and doctors because you will see them way too often.

But most importantly make sure your heart is big because there is sooo much love. I love the quote "If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart."  Having a big family has its challenges but I wouldn't do it any other way... most days. :)
























CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Back
to top