DIY Spring Tulip Wreath

It snowed today but it felt like Spring inside. Winter is hard for mamma's with young kids. You have to put on coats and gloves and boots and then take them off five minutes later. Not to mention the sicknesses are never ending. Needless to say Spring can't come soon enough and this wreath makes me so happy.

Isn't she a beauty!! I saw one like it at Kohls and fell in love until I saw the price tag. $80.00!! Wowzers! I couldn't justify myself to spend 80 bucks on a wreath, no matter how much I loved it. Ever since then I have been aching to make my own.

I tried the trusty dollar store first to find some fake flowers. I found some but I was so disappointed in the quality. Nothing a trusty glue gun can't fix!!! Look at the difference...
At first they were flat. I just reshaped them and used a tad of hot glue to hold them in place. It worked perfectly, was worth every penny and looked like the craft store ones once I got done with them. I got 6 tulips in a bouquet for $1.00 compared to 1 tulip for $3.99 at Hobby Lobby.

I used the twig like wreath which made it super easy to just stick the stem flowers in and tie floral wire around the back in a few spots to secure it. I started just putting them around until the whole wreath was filled.
It really was that easy! And you can't beat a DIY wreath for under $10.00!!!


💗




Feel free to pin or share!



CONVERSATION

2 comments:

Back
to top