The one small voice- A Tender Mercy

It was 5 am and I was nursing my sick baby in bed. My eyes were closed and I was half awake when I felt a rush of warmth seep through my shirt. I could tell right away that he had leaked and him and I both were covered in urine. That basically described my whole week. My almost 3 yr. old being hospitalized with pneumonia and my 8-month-old very sick. I have been to the hospital more times than I can remember with suctioning and visiting my sick toddler (who is home now and on the mend).  Late last night the baby was getting very congested again and was struggling to breathe, I was exhausted and really didn’t want to go to the hospital again to get suctioned but I knew I needed to for him.
Through the thick fog of tiredness and stress there have been so many tender mercies this week.  Many people have stepped up and helped me and my little family. There is one in particular I want to share.
Back to when he leaked... I finished nursing I changed the baby and laid him back asleep and got in a hot bath. When I got out it was still early so I put in headphones as I blow dried my hair. I put on a conference talk and listened while getting ready. I continued getting ready as another talk automatically started playing. About five minutes into it I felt the need to stop the talk. I wasn’t finished with it and my makeup was not done but I turned it off.
I then could hear a faint cry in the background. I quickly went into my pitch black room. My eight-month-old was blindly about to crawl right off my bed. I swiftly grabbed him and held him and prayed. I prayed for gratitude for the prompting of the spirit. I knew immediately where that feeling to turn off the talk came from.
Even in weeks of hardship and trials God is always there. This week I’m extremely grateful as a mother to have the Holy Ghost to not only prompt me but to comfort me. Although this weeks been hard I know it could have been worse. 






 If you need a pick me up talk listen to the conference talk"4th floor, last door"by Pres. Uchdorf. Its inspiring and humorous. 

*watercolor pic by daffodillacreek.com"

I know many of you have stories like this that we could all be inspired by. Please feel free to comment below and share yours.

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I so needed to read this. Thanks for the healthy snack ideas I need to put down the spoonful of frosting and opt for a healthier choice. 😂 I love the orange peel I'm going to have to try that bubble tea you recommended. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to post this on your healthy snacks one it's hard on my phone apparently. This blog post was adorable I hope your kids get feeling better soon there's nothing worse than a sick babies.

      Delete
    2. lol Katy! Thanks! We should have a girls night and grab smoothies from Orange Peel and visit Maeg! :)

      Delete
  2. I have always said... God is in the little things. They don't have to be mountains moving, or lost children found, but in the quiet little things that allow us to know that indeed not even a sparrow shall fall without his notice. They aren't "miracles" these little happenings, but that doesn't mean they are less than great. I believe...God is indeed in the little things...like Amber praying for the car to start and it does after a dozen tries before prayer, or the prompting to go through a parking lot instead of staying on the road (which kept us from falling in a sink hole that opened up and swallowed the car that had been behind us) and like the prompting to stop what you are doing so you can hear the faint cry of your child and know you need to go with him. Thanks for reminding us all that God is always there. For all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true!!! Thanks for always supporting and commenting and giving insight. It means a lot! xoxox

      Delete

Back
to top