Making the happy life

I tuck her in. I sing an off tune melody because heaven knows I'm not a singer. I fold my arms as she prays and I listen to her simple prayer of gratitude. I kiss her on her forehead and tell her she's the best. Sometimes I crawl in the sheets and her face lights up and we talk. I mostly listen, because during bedtime is when my kids, especially the older ones, love to talk about everything to stay up any later.

Its my absolute favorite part of the day. I go to each one of their beds, I get to make sure to tell each one "I love you, and how much they mean to me". I'm not talking to them while trying to make dinner or worrying about what I have to do next. I look them in the eye. If its been a really hard day, we talk about trying to be better tomorrow and forgiveness.
Sometimes I wish for a bigger house, a better body, kids who are good 100% of the time, a maid. All these things sound great but the best things are always those we have to work for.
Since blogging I have met so many inspiring, kind people. One of those people is Jill from Washburn Collective. She is so kind and caring. She custom made this necklace of my 2017 mantra for me. I love it, it hangs from my neck and I'm reminded that everyone has a choice to be happy.

Right now she is offering my followers 15% off with the code "happylife". Go visit her website "Washburncollective.com". She was so great to work with and designed it just how I wanted. She even added two charms, a bird and one with "CW", my initials.






I hope you all are enjoying making that happy life. 




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top