Survival Mode

Right now I'm in survival mode. My toddler is recovering from pneumonia and just got home from a 2 day stay at the hospital and now my baby doesn't sound great either. Every person I have seen says "You look tired" and that's not an exaggeration.

As a Mom, I like to think of my responsibilities as a job. It helps me to feel more motivated. Well the only problem with the job is sometimes you need a time off or a break and that's near impossible.  That's why there is  "Survival Mode".

Survival mode is when you let your kids watch t.v all day guilt free.  Yes, I know that their brain cells stop working, that's the point.

There is no resolving any issues. Time out, just go.

My husband and I argued who got to go grab the prescriptions at the store.  I won, but then felt exhausted at the thought.

Survival mode is starting the same laundry 3 times today. ( In fact that's why I'm up, waiting for the dang washer to be done. Sleep or clothes? I choose sleep but I love my family and they choose clothes )

I'm pretty sure my husband is in survival mode too right now. Because of the nursing baby, he had to be the one to sleep in a hospital bed with a sick toddler. He is a pretty high class sleeper and needs 4 pillows at all times during the night. I saw him dozing on our bedroom floor right before dinner.

Usually my husband can tell right as he walks in the door if I'm in survival mode... He knows not to ask "whats for dinner?" but "Hey, do you have a plan for dinner, is there anything I can help start?"

Luckily our friends and family have been incredible and have helped out a ton because of our circumstance. We have not even had to worry about that conversation.

Survival mode is not Survival of the fittest. If you see someone who looks tired, is at Walmart with long socks, sweats and jandals picking up more movies and medicine, dont judge and please don't put me on "people of Walmart".

Tomorrow I have no other plans than to cuddle these babies back to health.

Survival mode: getting  through the day with no accomplishments
looks like: leggings, messy house and caffeine
feels like : you have been awake for days and its only 9 am. or the kitty in this picture








CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Hugs! Im not a fan of winter because of this reason! I hope this is the end of it for sickness in your house!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top