Gettin' Sappy- 3 Things I didnt know about my husband when I married him

My husband and I married young. Life was simple. We had no money. I didn’t know how to cook, unless you count ramen. Ten years ago we didn’t know what we wanted to be in life or how many kids we wanted. We were naive but completely in love.

3 things I didn’t know about my husband when I married him

  I didn’t know…That he would work vigorously to support our fast-growing family. Some days the kids never saw him, he was gone before they awoke and he wasn’t home when they went to bed. He worked manual labor for years while going to school to get a degree so he could be the best provider possible.

I didn’t know…That he would love me fiercely through thick and thin. He knew we were worth it. He would never give up on us, even when I spent all our money at Target.  He would carry me when I had the baby blues after our fifth and gave me ten times the number of breaks then he had that year.

I didn’t know… He was going to be the Daddy who brushed our girl’s hair or danced in the kitchen. I didn’t know how influential he would be in our kids’ lives or how much they would look forward to him coming home. I didn’t know he would teach our children by example how to treat their mom respectfully.


When I married him I knew his heart was gold. I saw his potential. I married him for completely different reasons then I just listed. I didn’t know then that I could love him more but I find myself falling for him during each stage of life. 


Thanks for making loving you easy! 

CONVERSATION

4 comments:

  1. We are blessed to know both of you and you are the perfect spouses for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gave me chills. Love reading /hearing about love and especially good men...when there seems to be such wickedness in the world. This filled my heart this morning. ❤️️

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is neat to hear how well you and Lane are doing. I've only been married a year and am seeing things in Hauns that I didn't know before. I can't wait to have a beautiful family like yours and see my husband grow more. Merry Christmas Chelsea.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top