7 ways to avoid a defibrillator

Our lives often look like a heartbeat cardiogram.  We are continuously going up, down or sometimes even flat lining. When I’m at my peak I feel like I’m on top of the Empire State building. I’m like a ninja karate chopping through life’s setbacks. I’m singing in the shower and patient with my kids. Life is good. Unfortunately, life is not always that way. 

 Here are 7 things that can help you stay on the top side of the cardiogram or get you back up when your flat lining. 

1. Aspire to be happy. When you find yourself dealt with a hard hand it’s easy to find pity for yourself. That will do you no good. Although being gentle with yourself will. Pity means to feel sorry for, being gentle means to be sympathetic. Happiness doesn’t always come easy. You must want to be happy to become happy.

  2. Make time for the things that bring you joy. Find a hobby. Whether it be painting, dancing, reading or crafting, doing something that brings you joy once a week will give you something to look forward to.

  3.  Write in a journal. Journal writing is a form of meditating. You can look back on the day and find the good. 

  4.  Be Spiritual –" Having a strong spiritual outlook may help you find meaning in life’s difficult circumstances." Whatever your religion may be it helps you center on the bigger picture.     
    
  5.  Physical activity stimulates brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed. You may also feel better about your appearance and yourself when you exercise regularly, which can boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem.

  6.  Set small weekly goals. Each Sunday I like to set my goals for the week. This helps me to always be working towards something. It also gives me a sense of accomplishment when I am able to fulfill my goal that day.

  7.  Never give up. When you think you have given all you can, ask for help.


Like the cardiogram, life is always moving forward. We do not get to go back and erase our life. When we find our cardiogram dipping try to learn from it and get back up.


“As you face challenges such as a daunting calling, too much to do, family problems, the loss of a loved one, a career reversal, or uncertainty, remember that the Lord will sustain you. Recognize that these experiences can polish you as you place your faith and trust in the Lord, actively practice patience.”









CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top