Why I wrap every single Christmas Present

The first Christmas after I got married I was shocked to find out everyone did Christmas differently. I thought that everyone wrapped all the presents, I also grew up getting all my gifts from Santa. The great thing about is there is no right or wrong. You get to choose what works for you and your family.

 I don't enjoy wrapping Christmas presents, in fact I kind of dread it. I do it in increments throughout December after the kids go to bed. Wrapping for 6 kids is no joke. But to me it's worth it.

With a lot of bribing I pulled my husband on the wrapping paper train and here's why...

Our tradition is to open one present at a time starting from youngest to oldest. We get to enjoy every single excited face fro
m the moment they see all the wrapped presents under the tree to each open mouthed, giddy squeal as they are unwrapping each one. It really is magical!

It slows things down. This lets us focus on each gift and not everyone yelling "Mom,Mom, Look what I got!" and me feeling pulled 6 ways.

It makes it seem like there is a lot more when everyone is watching each other open gifts.

My kids love finding the presents with there names on it! I love to see them shake it, feel the object and try to guess what it is. This gives them a heads up that they are not getting a puppy again this year.

And last but not least.. My 7 month old's favorite Christmas present this year is sure to be... THE WRAPPING PAPER!

Comment below. I want to know, are you a wrapper or a non wrapper? What do you do?

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. You are a trooper to wrap so many gifts by yourself. My parents left Santa gifts unwrapped and wrapped parent ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute! We do a lot the same, one at a time and almost all gifts are wrapped. Mine only get one from Santa + a stocking...and those aren't wrapped. That way I don't have to explain the left over Santa paper in my craft box ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done the same every single year. I used to wrap the "SC" gifts differently like in a silver or a gold wrapping. Not "ordinary" wrapping paper. I even wrapped the things in the stockings (socks, underwear, trinkets) because I loved the surprise of it all. Some of my girls tried continuously to find out everything that was gotten for them and wrapping it well was important. Even now they log into my amazon.com account to see what I've purchased. It's all I can do to surprise them. But that was always my goal. Find something that they wouldn't guess I would get for them and hope they didn't unwrap it and rewrap it. I love the look of tons of presence under the tree. Even if it was just a coloring book, or a box of crayons or a toothbrush...it got wrapped. And...as the years have gone by...the wrapping doesn't seem as much of a chore as it is a little bit of joy that I have the funds to buy a gift for them. This year....10 grandchildren, 4 daughters and husbands, parents, aunt, etc...it gets overwhelming sometimes...but you can bet they will be wrapped with the hope it will surprise the one opening it.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top